Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Laughter's the Best Medicine

So, I've been joking all week about naming my little malignancy... and I can think of no better name for him than Quatto...




For those who don't know, Quatto was a character/mutant from the Arnold Schwarzenegger film, Total Recall. Great movie, by the way! Anyway, Quatto was the leader of a rebellion and was quasi-psychic. What makes him totally appropriate is that he was basically a tumor that grew out of the chest/stomach of another character.

And, I wanted to share some of the awesome things that my friend Stephen's been working on. His lovely wife, Michelle, was the first of my friends to respond when I announced that I had cancer. And, I hold her (and my own lovely Michelle!) largely responsible for helping me establish my outlook about the next month or so. She summed up my feelings, attitude, and way of looking at my situation. Her first words to me?

"Fuck cancer!"

Stephen went one step farther and designed the following sample graphics for various t-shirts. And I fully intend on purchasing several of each when he gets them finalized.





I need to add that it's the love, support, and scathing irreverency of my friends that will get me through this... and I am sooooo grateful to them for it.






No comments: